St Ewe Free Range Eggs is a family owned and run food production business and we farm sustainably, employ locally, are environmentally conscious and work hard to make sure that we have a minimum impact on the world’s resources.
We are proudly RSPCA Assured, Red Lion Code accredited and Vegetarian Society approved meaning our multi award-winning produce comes from high welfare hens, who deliver high quality, delicious tasting free-range eggs to the market.
We have enjoyed incredible success in recent years and this is a genuinely exciting time to join in the fun. Through our vision and innovation we are continuing to rapidly grow, develop new product lines and expand our operations.
Due to continuing expansion we are looking for a Warehouse Assistant to work within our warehouse.
- To provide effective support to the Warehouse Supervisor where required, in a busy warehouse operation; unloading and loading of eggs from our own in-house transport, as well as working with numerous external haulage companies.
- Labelling and logging all movements of eggs and packaging to adhere to traceability standards, as well as keeping the Packing Centre fully stocked with packaging and eggs; allowing for a constant flow of product at all times to minimise downtime.
- You will be required to follow cleaning and personal hygiene rules to ensure the highest standards of product integrity and safety at all times.
- Unloading and logging deliveries ready for the production line; ensuring all checks and paperwork are correct.
- Creating producer packaging ready for dispatch, to allow a constant flow of lorries in and out of the yard.
- Check forklift trucks daily to adhere to safe working practices, reporting any defects to your line manager.
- Assist with vital stock checks to allow correct and effective flow of packaging and resources for Packing Centre and warehouse.
- To have all orders and deliveries completed daily in a safe and timely manner.
- To achieve all traceability to the highest standards.
- To make sure there is a constant flow of product ready for the Packing Centre.
- To take full responsibility for your equipment including forklift/pallet trucks.
- Other responsibilities may be required from time to time in order to meet with demand
The successful applicant will need:
- Forklift Licence
- Strong work-ethic and be able to work well under supervision as part of the wider team
- The ability to undertake several jobs within the department as demand dictates
- Have a flexible can-do attitude
- Be able to work the shift hours. 8:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday and Saturday 7:00-11:00am (alternate weekends)
You will be expected to work in a fast paced environment, in both ambient and chill temperatures often in the presence of noise. Therefore it is important that you are fit, well and able to bend, stoop, twist, lift, push, pull, demonstrate manual dexterity and be prepared to be on your feet for most of the working day.
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: £9.56 per hour
- Free eggs
- Free onsite parking
- NEST pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- Learning and development opportunities
- Company social events
- Birthday celebrations
If you are looking to join a growing family business with an amazing team and fantastic products, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org