This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Motor Vehicle Technician to join Launceston College to assist the respective teacher in securing an environment in which students can safely pursue investigative practical and theory work.
Your role, as Motor Vehicle Technician, is about preparing the work area prior to all lessons, plan, organise and implement support for staff and student at all key stages in the Vocational Department.
- You are a qualified Motor Vehicle Technician with a solid workshop background
- You can do more than one thing at once – you can be sure you will never be looking for something to do, so being able to prioritise and plan your work is key.
- You take pride being part of the Launceston College team and are keen to help colleagues with a hands-on, can-do approach to providing advice to pupils in their development
We will offer:
- A modern, well equipped expanding college with outstanding facilities.
- A large team of dedicated and committed staff.
- A culture which seeks to be fair, developmental, and supportive of staff and pupils.
- A large support network across the primary and secondary settings.
- A focus on staff wellbeing.
- Generous pension and holidays.
- Attractive pay and opportunities to develop skills across the Trust.
- Support from cross Trust systems and leaders.
Job Title: Motor Vehicle Technician
Contract: Fixed Term
Hours: 12 hours per week (Mondays and Wednesdays), plus 0.5 hours cleaning per day
Weeks per year: Term time only
Salary: Grade C (£9.59), Cleaning at Grade A £9.25 per hour. Actual Salary £5362.10
Location: Launceston College, Hurdon Road, Launceston, Cornwall, PL15 9JR
To apply for this job and view the full job description and person specification, please download and complete the application form from our main recruitment page at http://www.launceston-college.cornwall.sch.uk/vacancies/
Closing date: Monday 12th July 2021, 9am
Interview date: TBC
Launceston College Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to DBS clearance and appropriate pre-employment checks.