Are you looking for an apprenticeship opportunity?
Launceston College Trust have an exciting opportunity for someone to work with the Human Resources Team to gain valuable workplace experience whilst working towards a qualification.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will provide effective, efficient and proactive administrative and general support to the HR/Payroll Assistants, the Payroll Manager and MAT HR Manager.
The role holder will:
- Support the team to provide a professional and confidential administrative service within the HR department including word processing, maintaining spreadsheets, correspondence, preparing resources, reports, publications and other documents as required.
- Carry out a variety of administrative activities in the safer recruitment process and assist the HR Administrators in:
Tracking requisitions for posts and uploading vacancies as required
Registering application forms and contacting candidates
Requesting, tracking and collating references.
Requesting and tracking new employment health questionnaires
- Receive telephone calls, accurately recording and pass on messages, prioritising, investigating and responding to queries.
- Sort, distribute and administer incoming and outgoing mail.
- Photocopying and document collation.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive filing systems in accordance with Data Protection and legislative requirements, including archiving.
- Use the College’s computerised system (SIMS) to update and maintain records.
- Input and maintain manual and computer-based personnel and payroll record systems, including data transfer, inputting data and the extraction/input of information as required, ensuring data is added and maintained accurately.
- Update and maintain employee records in accordance with Data Protection legislative requirements and to maintain filing systems and paper records for payroll and other HR related documentation.
- Assist with the administration of new starters probation periods.
- Assist with ad-hoc HR projects throughout the year as/when they arise.
- Support the wider administrative function of the team in filing, photocopying, maintaining office equipment and covering other wider administration duties/functions if deemed necessary.
- Be aware of and adhere to applicable rules, regulations, legislation and procedures including the MAT’s Equal Opportunities Policy and Code of Conduct, national legislation (including Health and Safety, Data Protection).
- Maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the department.
Delivery of the apprenticeship programme will take place at Cornwall College, St Austell via day release (one day per week during term time), commencing September 2021.
The apprenticeship will be delivered over a period of approximately 21 months. Following completion of the apprenticeship, the successful candidate will receive a Level 3 CIPD foundation certificate qualification in People Practice.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who is:
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Able to work effectively independently and within a team
- Able to act discretely and handle sensitive information
The Launceston College Multi Academy Trust (Trust) consists of six schools. They are Altarnun Primary, Atlantic Academy, Bideford College, Egloskerry Primary, Launceston College and Launceston Primary School (opening in September 2021).
Our Trust aims for young people to become happy, responsible and successful by learning the knowledge, skills and values which are important for society.
We seek applicants who are aligned to our aim and vision and have the talent and passion to deliver that vision successfully. We support all our schools with our Trust-wide leadership and management, teaching and learning, school improvement, financial, administrative, estates, safeguarding and HR expertise.
We are looking for professional staff who can support the delivery of an exceptional education for the young people in our care.
To apply for this job and view the full job description and person specification, please download and complete the application form from our main recruitment page at http://www.launceston-college.cornwall.sch.uk/vacancies/
Closing date: Monday 27th September 2021, 9am
Launceston College Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to DBS clearance and appropriate pre-employment checks.