Help us bring holidays to life at Watergate Bay
An unforgettable holiday experience amidst two miles of sand, sea air and surf, Watergate Bay Hotel offers a modern take on a beach break. For our guests, how their stay makes them feel is crucial; cared about, looked after, welcome. It’s the heart and soul of our ‘ski resort on a beach’ concept, made possible by the people on our team. That’s where you come in…
What will you do?
Does helping others have the holiday they deserve bring you happiness? Do you love seeing guests smile because of the effort you’ve made? Can you spot problems a mile off and work fast to resolve them? Then you could be the House Host we’re looking for.
We need attentive, outgoing individuals with a can-do attitude to make guests feel at home, from first impression on the phone to final goodbye at the end of their stay.
You’ll embody the spirit of Watergate Bay with your friendly welcome, effortless charm and seamless efficiency. And you’ll get a unique insight into all aspects of a busy, award-winning hotel – working both behind the scenes in our brand-new head office and across front desk for the hotel, swim club and beach lofts. This balance of customer service and office life brings the best of both worlds, boosts your skillset and ensures working days are never dull.
Guests will remember you for underpinning the happiness that shaped their holiday, and you’ll thrive on it – while taking the next step up the ladder of your hospitality career.
You’ll need to:
• Assist with all aspects of a guest’s stay, from booking meals and treatments to helping with luggage and dealing with any queries or concerns.
• Go above and beyond guest expectations to provide a welcoming positive and comfortable experience, whether in person, over the phone or through other forms of communication.
• Work back of house as part of our Guest Services team, honing your admin skills at our brand-new head office.
• Check guests in and out.
• Take room service orders and deliver to guests’ rooms.
• Spot when guests might need help and be on hand to offer it.
• Understand everything involved in being a Host at Watergate Bay, from knowing the hotel inside out, to being fully fluent in all policies, systems and procedures so any guest query can be addressed the moment it’s made.
• Lend a sympathetic ear if there are any complaints, record and handle them if you can or escalate to your House Manager.
• Complete daily tasks quickly and efficiently, exactly when they are needed.
• Act in accordance with Health & Safety laws.
• Keep public spaces clean and tidy.
• Be an active and engaged member of the team and always carry out duties to assist in the smooth running of the hotel as requested by your line manager.
• Always live and breathe the Watergate Bay Hotel brand.
Essential qualities, qualifications and experience:
• Meticulous attention to detail. Whether it’s pre-arrival, or in house, you’ll notice when a guest needs help with something – sometimes before they do.
• Previous experience of using property management systems.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Previous front of house experience.
Desirable qualities, qualifications and experience:
• Previous F&B experience.
• First Aid qualification.
• Current Enhanced DBS.
Key skills required:
• Good communicator.
• Experience of hotel computer systems.
• Adept at prioritising and time management.
• Administrative skills.
• Basic IT skills.
What we offer in return:
• The opportunity to learn and hone your hospitality and admin skills.
• Excellent career prospects, with training and support as you grow.
• A permanent, year-round position in a positive working environment.
• Discounted stays off peak.
• 40% discount on food & drink in all our restaurants.
• Free surf hire and lessons.