Alfa Leisureplex Group has an opportunity for a General Assistant to join our team based at the Eliot Hotel, Newquay
The Alfa Leisureplex Group is one of the UK’s most highly respected coach holiday and hotel companies with a consolidated turnover of over £40 million per year. We are the UK’s only employee owned Travel Company and our brands include Leisureplex Hotels, Alfa Travel and David Urquhart Travel.
Leisureplex Hotels own and operate 22 hotels in the UKs most popular seaside locations. We have a combined bed stock of 1,872 rooms and achieve strong all year round occupancies due to our sister brands Alfa Travel and David Urquhart Travel, plus our links to other coach operators and group organisers. We also cater for Self Drive guests and direct hotel bookings.
As an employee owned business with over 700 employee partners, we see our people as our most valuable asset in growing our business and continuing to provide a high quality service to our customers.
About the Job
As a General Assistant you will be required to work 40 hours per week usually over 6 days and the rate of pay for this role is £8.91 per hour. There will be the option to live in the Hotel if required.
Your role will be varied, working in numerous areas within the Hotel operation including restaurant, bar, reception and housekeeping, with split shifts likely to be required. You will work closely with the heads of departments to assist with their needs and learn how each function works successfully, whilst ensuring company standards are maintained to a high level.
Benefits of being an employee at ALG:
- Funding for any relevant training courses to aid your development
- Support and continuous development opportunities
- Employee Assistance programme
- Competitive occupational sick pay scheme
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Fantastic discounts on our holidays and hotel stays
- Length of service awards
- Recognition and engagement programmes
The ideal candidate:
- Previous experience of working within a hotel environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfortable working split shifts
- Ability to work under pressure to strict guidelines
- Flexible and reliable
If you feel you have the necessary skills and attitude to be a successful General Assistant within the Alfa Leisureplex Group, click ‘apply’ today. We’d love to hear from you!