ASSISTANT PARK MANAGER
We are looking for an assistant manager to join us here at Macdonald’s Farm at our beautiful campsite on the North Cornish coast for the 2022 season. We are a small touring and camping park which also has a bar/cafe and petting farm on site and is situated in a stunning location within a 5min walk to Porthcothan beach. We have 65 pitches and 3 rooms plus 3 bell tents for glamping
A role at Macdonald’s Farm is guaranteed to be fun, fast paced and varied within a small friendly team environment. We would really like to findan experienced and hands on- can do -inspirational Manager to drive our business forward in this thriving industry.
Reporting into both owners we are looking for someone to help lead the team successfully and someone who is an enthusiastic and engaging with our customers also, so if you would like to be considered for this position we welcome your application.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing, organising, controlling and supervising efficiently all elements of the farm in line with current company policies and procedures.
- Keeping a detailed check on the bookings platform and ensuring all bookings are paid for and t&c’s met. Speaking to customers regarding bookings or cancellations. Dealing with our payment platform and cross-checking payments against bookings. Running weekly and daily reports and ensuring our procedures with invoices and delivery notes are adhered to plus cashing up.
- Maintaining correct stock levels across the business and looking at prices to ensure we are getting value for money.
- Overseeing the H&S in the kitchen and café area and that we are following correct procedures
- Taking full responsibility of all staff rotas ensuring all areas including changeovers, cleaning, bar, café and reception are covered. Dealing with arranging cover for sickness. Reporting of staff hours weekly for payroll
- Reporting in daily to owners with feedback from customers or staff. Responsible for overseeing the park wardens and other staff and ensuring that all H&S inductions and appropriate training given.
- Willingness to get involved in every area of the business where needed including cover in any area should there be a shortage on any given day.
- Regularly exploring competitor activity, market trends and new initiatives.
- Ensuring our equipment and services are serviced and maintained when needed.
- A key focus area is ensuring our business deliveries the upmost customer service and we excel in meeting our customer needs, discussing strategies or new ideas with owners that may help us in this area.
The ideal person will have:
- A passion for customer focus.
- An honest, professional and a respectful approach.
- An ability to talk to anyone and be fair at all times
- Experience of planning & organising projects.
- Previous experience in the industry and senior level management of a similar size will be hugely advantageous.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Fantastic team environment
- Potential accommodation for the season if required
- Full uniform provided
- Full training given
Ideally you would live nearby and commute daily or have your own accommodation and we provide electric and water plus full use of our facilities. We would need a 6 day a week commitment during peak season and in low season there is definitely more flexibility for time off. Hours will be varied.
We have a relaxed approach here and our customers experience are our priority and we are after people that care about their experience and want to be part of something we regard as being special. We have only recently brought the farm and renovated it to a high standard. We are looking for a person that may want to be part of the Macdonald’s Farm family going forward and build on last years success.
We are looking for someone to work across the season from March until end of October 2022. For the right person there is a potential to make this job an annual position.
Great package for the right applicant. More info on our site www.macdonaldsfarm.co.uk