To manage a portfolio of holiday lets, ensuring each property is cleaned and maintained to a very high standard. Manage and motivate a team of housekeepers and external contractors, ensuring all company standards are delivered and guest expectations exceeded.
Beach Retreats is a holiday letting agency with a difference. Our portfolio of properties are all within walking distance of a stunning beach, backed up by a highly personalised service which delivers a 56% repeat booking rate amongst guests along with excellent occupancy rates and revenue for owners.
But it’s more than that. We are innovative, pro-active and award-winning. We embody the beach life and are the go-to experts for delighting guests with an authentic beach feeling. For our owners, we give them the freedom to know their property is cared for and achieves its potential. We transform properties into special places where memories are made and guests can make connections to the sea, the outdoors and to each other.
Our owners trust us to look after their property and deliver high standards of cleanliness and presentation for guests. Therefore our property services team are at the forefront of delivering these standards in a growing and successful business.
- Managing a team of housekeepers.
- Ensure that adequate levels of staffing are maintained through recruitment in conjunction with our HR department to deal with the fluctuating levels of demand at different times of the year.
- Conduct staff training and inductions for new members of staff including risk assessments.
- Organising the weekly staff rotas.
- Submitting all fortnightly hours to payroll for processing.
- Ensuring housekeeping hours stay within the agreed budget.
- Supervising the team during changeovers.
- Taking part in the housekeeping changeover cleans as and when required.
- To carry out departure and pre-arrival inspections of each property ensuring cleaning standards and health and safety requirements have been met.
- To conduct vacant property checks.
- Prepare the linen and cleaning kits for each changeover.
- The organisation of the delivery / collect the linen and cleaning kits to the Housekeepers on each changeover.
- Ensure stocks of cleaning products, linen, replacement items and maintenance equipment are controlled and within budget.
- To maintain adequate records of housekeeping/maintenance/contractor work, carried out for owners.
- Re-charge owners for any internal or external (subcontracted) maintenance work/ call outs.
- To collate booking information and plan accordingly.
- Taking on new properties ensuring they are health and safety compliant before first booking.
- Completing property inventories for new properties and annual inventory checks on all existing properties.
- Liaise with and build relationships with owners, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Participate in the out of hours on call service.
- Attend regular meetings.
- To represent our brand at all times.
- Other duties as and when required.
- Experience of supervising Housekeeping teams in a similar industry
- Knowledge of the current health and safety legislation for holiday lets.
- The ability to diagnose and repair day to day property repairs.
- The ability to delegate and direct a team of housekeepers.
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service focused.
- Full driving licence.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Previous experience working in within a supervisory role within a self-catering environment.
- First Aid qualified.
- Health and Safety qualification.
- Minimum of Maths and English Grade C or above qualification.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Confidence in dealing with staff, guests, contractors’ suppliers and owners.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work in a busy environment.
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Confidence in dealing with difficult situations positively.
This is a full-time position with weekend shifts.
Salary: £22,000 p.a. + £500 end of season bonus.
Please submit your CV with covering letter outlining why you should be considered for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org